s i l e n c e of the abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!
welcome to silence of the abyss, a sci-fi animanga roleplay. we are set in the year 2070, just five years after the zhuic invasion on earth. we welcome you to chronos vii, a planet far from the solar system which we once called home, filled with beautiful creatures and intelligent life. while their world may seem similar to ours, there are differences everywhere, from the giant trees holding the onzhu to the ice sheets that cover 49% of the planet, home of the iraxu. on this planet you will find that which you least expect. you may find adventure, you may find romance, you may even find yourself in a tight situation. it all depends on what you find within the silence of the abyss.
Rulers!
ADMINISTRATOR
the creator of both sota and the mother site, space adventures, kyuu is one hell of an admin. she can keep a 'calm' attitude in just about any situation, though she's secretly laughing on the other side of the screen. what? if the situation amuses her, she'll laugh, even if she's getting screamed at by a member. she has a tendency to procrastinate, but reminding her will kick her into gear. she's relatively easy to get along with, and she'll try to make your experience here a good one.

ADMINISTRATOR
this girl has been with the creator from the start. not only do they live in the same state, but they met on one hell of a forum. she was a mod on space adventures and has now climbed the ladder up to administrator for sota. she's full of ideas, so she's a go-to person when kyuu can't think of anything. she also likes to talk in neon green with her caps lock on, so don't be afraid when you first enter the chatbox. she's easy to get along with, though she, too, has a tendency to procrastinate. well, what good staff member doesn't? hehe.

ADMINISTRATOR
well, it's safe to say all the staff members know each other from another site. this one lives in canada, unlike the others who live in america, and is always a joy to be around. her favorite character just so happens to be lemongrab, and anyone else would simply be UNACCEPTABLE! ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON. ahem. she likes her ohnzu with their cute little wings and their bee-like ways. she isn't biased. no, not at all.
Weather!

SUMMER, 2070 -- YEAR ONE
it's summer on chronos vii, also known as the hottest six months you will even experience. yes, six months. it's the longest season on chronos vii, and it can reach temperatures up to 170°F during the day. it is advised that no one leaves their homes until dusk, when the temperatures drops back down to the 90's. to those who have lived in the heat of chronos vii, that is pretty cold for the summer. expect intense heat and harsh sunlight during the day. heavy thunderstorms and lightning storms may appear from time to time. do not go outside during these storms as the rain will be boiling hot to the touch. to those who are living in the polar icecaps, you will be seeing some melting ice and snow. do not fret, however, as the temperature is only going to reach 40°F, allowing for the wildlife to thrive for the next few months.
Spotlight!

MALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

FEMALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

COUPLE OF THE MONTH
Affiliates!
Credits!
silence of the abyss was created by KYUU with the aid of SNIGGER. the basic skin was found on HITSKINS and edited by KYUU. all characters, sub-plots, and posts belong to the MEMBERS OF SOTA. please do not steal.

Comp Virus Alien

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramboneil

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Name: Electronic Data Lifeform

Home planet: Trigger 1

Average appearance: Avatars are generally humanoid in form. Prefered avatars are Iraxu, Zhuic, and Human

Notes: Electronic Data Lifeforms do not reproduce in a normal manner, rather, they are formed when two EDL’s of opposite genders copy and merge a section of their coding. If the core drivers and other software is incompatible, the ‘child’ will either be self-terminated or will begin re-formatting. However, much of the time, the core coding is actually compatible so it will proceed to step two, which is the streamlining phase in which the child’s personality gestalt and avatar will be generated. The seeds for the process are either randomly generated or donated by both parents. At this point, one of two things happen.

The first is that the parent EDL’s decide to give their child a semi-organic body to inhabit which, while fragile, allows the EDL to access any electronic device simply by being close to it and interact with anything with a motherboard from a distance. The body is built by a nanite swarm around a central survival center that houses the actual EDL, this contains a hard disk, a lghtweight CPU and a small reactor. This goes where the heart on a human is. The head contains additional CPUs or GPUs and also memory space. Shooting an EDL in the head won’t kill it, shooting it in the heart will.

Initially, the nanite swarm will create an egg like device to isolate the survival center and the work environment from the outside world and limit any incalculable variables. Right before the shell is completed, the child is downloaded into the survival center where the nanites construct the body according to the specs provided by the avatar. When the egg hatches, the EDL looks like a human teenager or adult, depending upon the avatar specs, though, the EDL will most certainly not act like teenager or adult. Instead, it will start with absolute logic and have to develop or unlock emotions and learn abstract thinking over time. The nanite cloud can make changes to the body over time but it often takes a very long time.

The second option is to wait till the child code matures and then it is uploaded to the main server where the parents send pings to specific other EDLs on the server and they contribute some of their coding to form a complete personality. This unfortunately, causes the new EDL to miss the chance to inhabit a body.

EDLs are effectively immortal, however, they can be killed by two methods, data file corruption, and/or completely destroying the system that they inhabit. Data file corruption causes the EDL's data to become unusable and if system resources aren't fast enough, then the corruption begins to spread to other files as orders begin to queue up and jam the entire program. When the corruption reaches a critical point, the EDL will essentially crash permanently. The second one is quite clear. EDLs actually transfer themselves or parts of themselves when entering another system in order to free up system resources. This means that if the system cut off and destroyed before the EDL or EDL piece can re-upload itself to the main server or another system, it will be permanently destroyed.

Last edited by Ramboneil on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://samnwang.forumotion.com/
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Rambo, you need to say how they got on Chronos VII, average lifespan, rate in which they grow, etc. Just reproduction notes tells us nothing. Also, you're supposed to send this to me via PM.
Back to top Go down
https://spacerpgv2.forumotion.com
Ramboneil

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm working on it alright?
Back to top Go down
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:24 am

Makin' sure. c:
Back to top Go down
https://spacerpgv2.forumotion.com
Lucid

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 am

This is hella cool.
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I think these guys are going to be like, the main antagonists or something. Robot invaders from space you know?
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Interesting, but couldn't you kill them just by putting a strong magnet near them? xD
Back to top Go down
Lucid

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Which is why I didn't want it to be possible to kill them outside of a computer. XD
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 am

Well, you could shoot them with a really big gun. Hit them in the chest and you have like a 75% chance of killing them. If they retreat to the server, shoot the server with a really big gun, it's practically defenseless.
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:18 am

Or you could just put a kitchen magnet on top of it. Saves time and energy.
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 am

That too
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:35 am

If in doubt

Microwave it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comp Virus Alien Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Virus Alien   Comp Virus Alien I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Virus Alien
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
s i l e n c e of the abyss :: GENERAL :: CHIT CHAT :: questions & suggestions-
Jump to: