s i l e n c e of the abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!
welcome to silence of the abyss, a sci-fi animanga roleplay. we are set in the year 2070, just five years after the zhuic invasion on earth. we welcome you to chronos vii, a planet far from the solar system which we once called home, filled with beautiful creatures and intelligent life. while their world may seem similar to ours, there are differences everywhere, from the giant trees holding the onzhu to the ice sheets that cover 49% of the planet, home of the iraxu. on this planet you will find that which you least expect. you may find adventure, you may find romance, you may even find yourself in a tight situation. it all depends on what you find within the silence of the abyss.
Rulers!
ADMINISTRATOR
the creator of both sota and the mother site, space adventures, kyuu is one hell of an admin. she can keep a 'calm' attitude in just about any situation, though she's secretly laughing on the other side of the screen. what? if the situation amuses her, she'll laugh, even if she's getting screamed at by a member. she has a tendency to procrastinate, but reminding her will kick her into gear. she's relatively easy to get along with, and she'll try to make your experience here a good one.

ADMINISTRATOR
this girl has been with the creator from the start. not only do they live in the same state, but they met on one hell of a forum. she was a mod on space adventures and has now climbed the ladder up to administrator for sota. she's full of ideas, so she's a go-to person when kyuu can't think of anything. she also likes to talk in neon green with her caps lock on, so don't be afraid when you first enter the chatbox. she's easy to get along with, though she, too, has a tendency to procrastinate. well, what good staff member doesn't? hehe.

ADMINISTRATOR
well, it's safe to say all the staff members know each other from another site. this one lives in canada, unlike the others who live in america, and is always a joy to be around. her favorite character just so happens to be lemongrab, and anyone else would simply be UNACCEPTABLE! ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON. ahem. she likes her ohnzu with their cute little wings and their bee-like ways. she isn't biased. no, not at all.
Weather!

SUMMER, 2070 -- YEAR ONE
it's summer on chronos vii, also known as the hottest six months you will even experience. yes, six months. it's the longest season on chronos vii, and it can reach temperatures up to 170°F during the day. it is advised that no one leaves their homes until dusk, when the temperatures drops back down to the 90's. to those who have lived in the heat of chronos vii, that is pretty cold for the summer. expect intense heat and harsh sunlight during the day. heavy thunderstorms and lightning storms may appear from time to time. do not go outside during these storms as the rain will be boiling hot to the touch. to those who are living in the polar icecaps, you will be seeing some melting ice and snow. do not fret, however, as the temperature is only going to reach 40°F, allowing for the wildlife to thrive for the next few months.
Spotlight!

MALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

FEMALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

COUPLE OF THE MONTH
Affiliates!
Credits!
silence of the abyss was created by KYUU with the aid of SNIGGER. the basic skin was found on HITSKINS and edited by KYUU. all characters, sub-plots, and posts belong to the MEMBERS OF SOTA. please do not steal.

Dam futures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 am

So I'm really starting to consider switching to a mechanical engineering major with an electrical engineering minor, and this was only strengthened by an orientation I attended by the Sooner Racing Team. Basically, they research, design, and build the best car they can before the year is over in their very own facility next to the building with engineering classes (they build 85% of everything on the car, including the engine, frame, suspension, driving controls, etc), and then go to Australia when the year's over to race it against hundreds of other international teams. :DDDDDD They usually place around 5th to 8th place but have gotten 2nd place before several years ago. That's pretty amazing, and I'm looking to join them. It'll be a lot of work but it'll be great experience that'll exponentially make my resume look better in the future. And AUSTRALIA. Kangaroos and cowboy hats, mate.

So what are you guys gonna do in college and what are your intended majors? Just assume you're going.
Back to top Go down
CreepyKitten

CreepyKitten

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:45 am

Rook, go for it! XD I barely understand engineering stuff, but I have several friends who are interested in that field. Plus its cool.

As for me... I only have one veterinary school in my state, which makes it super competitive. And it's also the 3rd best vet school out of like 28 in the US. Sooo...
There are like 30 or so prerequisite classes that I'd have to take for them to even accept my application, so that'll take a few years. And then if (and when) I finally get to vet school, it'll be about 10-12 years of schooling to earn my degree and such. I'm hoping that the ton of extra schooling will knock my competitors off like it did several of my friends. XD

But like with majors and stuff I'll probably major in Animal Science or AgriScience and minor in something cool like psychology.

You've seen about the extent of my knowledge of college (that rhymed yay) so if anything is wrong blame North Carolina and my parents *dies*
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Good luck brah. :O 12 more years of schooling after HS is insane...

I took two semesters of AP psychology in HS and it was kinda cool, though I slept through the majority of the second semester. :B There were some interesting parts though.

I suggest getting as much hands-on work as possible while you're in school because that experience looks great on a job resume. If a company recruiter had to choose between two people, one of which graduated with a 4.0 GPA while the other graduated with a 3.5 GPA but did hands-on work building a race car in their very own shop, then chances are the guy with the 3.5 GPA will get the job, because his experience shows that he can work well with others and it shows he can work under a budget and (depending on the end result of the car) make sound decisions. So help pass all that school time with actual job experience and maybe an internship or something... idk how vet school stuff works but I'm assuming there are some.

I heard med/vet school was really, really, really hard... To be a certified engineer, I have to take an 8-hour exam during my senior year with a 50% pass-fail rate. But that's not nearly talked about as much as med/vet school so you'll probably have to take a couple exams that are even harder than that... so, again, good luck brah. :B

And I just realized I wrote DAM instead of DEM. :I Demn it.
Back to top Go down
CreepyKitten

CreepyKitten

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Hah! LOL

Oh, ouch. That hurts my mind to even think about... Uggggh...

That's what I was planning on, though. I'll probably become a vet-tech in my first few years, work with some local offices (vet school is expensive as hell and I doubt any scholarships I earn will get me too far) to earn some extra money and experience. I have had a little experience with taking care of animals, because my mom does animal rescue (9 dogs, 5 cats, and 3 goats at my house at this moment in time) and I was in FFA for a while.

Thanks bro. And good luck to you too. With the engineering and all that. .w.
Back to top Go down
cronotronik

cronotronik

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

I already told you im gonna win mega millions or marry a (very) rich older man.
bt if that doesnt work out I'd like to become a psychiatrist. Which is a lot of school. And my highschool leaves me extremely underprepared (i hate it when fuckers complain about AP classes because HAHA YOURE SO LUCKY TO EVEN HAVE AP CLASSES YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW JEALOUS I AM!) soo idk. could also become a drug dealer or something. assassin.
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 pm

If you don't know something, then ask a friend. That's what they're there for. Or just ask a teacher, or if in college, email your professors! I know that sounds weird, but they're always willing to help too, and it's pretty encouraged because they give their staff email address thing out to everyone. It's totally okay if you don't know much. After all, I haven't had a legit chemistry class until this year and most take chemistry in their HS junior year or something, but I'm doing fine so far because I've asked around a bit and I even emailed my prof once. Or just ask Rambo, he's a freakin' genius. :I

Just do whatever makes you happy or whatever you're passionate about, because that's always where you're gonna excel at best.
Back to top Go down
CreepyKitten

CreepyKitten

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:11 am

Speaking of Chemistry... I'm a junior in HS and I have Honors Chem for 3rd period... it hasn't even been a week and there have been quizzes out the wazoo and about 10 pages of notes every day... and she said that Honors kids get it easy their first week. ;A;

XD But its fine... I'm doing okay in there. I just wish you could take Biology again or a class similar at my school; that'd really help. And I've been trying to get over my 'stage-fright' of asking the teachers something, so I'll definitely try to do that!

And Kiwi you'd be an excellent psychiatrist. Just sayin'. uwu
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Psychiatrists study mental disorders right? And they diagnose people with those disorders?

You really want to center your job around learning about and listening to other people's problems? XI
Back to top Go down
cronotronik

cronotronik

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Yep they are doctors and have to go thru as much if not more training and all they do is deal with mental disorders.. its always an interest i've had. i dont mind listening to other peoples problems especially in a professional environment

also naru honors classes are another thing i hate hearing complained about XI like wow congrats u kids are so smart you get to do more work great for you. i bet youre proud. my school doesn't have honors or AP classes. in fact they cut half of the college credit classes in this last year so. i'm just very bitter abotu everything
Back to top Go down
CreepyKitten

CreepyKitten

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Haha, sorry... ;^^
Back to top Go down
cronotronik

cronotronik

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:20 pm

its ok you didn't do anything wrong im just no fun allowed u u'
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 am

I know a little bit of that feel... my HS doesn't offer valedictorian stuff so I got ripped out of that status. :\
Back to top Go down
cronotronik

cronotronik

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

yep its trash
Back to top Go down
Snigger

Snigger

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 am

I just wanna get a Computer Science degree and program video games. v_v
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL GIRL META

MAGICAL GIRL META

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:32 pm

You're gonna need a lot of patience then. :B Computer Science works well with Computer Engineering, so a minor in that could boost your pay and open more doors, as they say. Good luck brah. XI

Anyone else wanna share? Kyuberts? Iron? Trubbabubbaba? XI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dam futures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dam futures   Dam futures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dam futures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
s i l e n c e of the abyss :: GENERAL :: CHIT CHAT-
Jump to: