s i l e n c e of the abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome!
welcome to silence of the abyss, a sci-fi animanga roleplay. we are set in the year 2070, just five years after the zhuic invasion on earth. we welcome you to chronos vii, a planet far from the solar system which we once called home, filled with beautiful creatures and intelligent life. while their world may seem similar to ours, there are differences everywhere, from the giant trees holding the onzhu to the ice sheets that cover 49% of the planet, home of the iraxu. on this planet you will find that which you least expect. you may find adventure, you may find romance, you may even find yourself in a tight situation. it all depends on what you find within the silence of the abyss.
Rulers!
ADMINISTRATOR
the creator of both sota and the mother site, space adventures, kyuu is one hell of an admin. she can keep a 'calm' attitude in just about any situation, though she's secretly laughing on the other side of the screen. what? if the situation amuses her, she'll laugh, even if she's getting screamed at by a member. she has a tendency to procrastinate, but reminding her will kick her into gear. she's relatively easy to get along with, and she'll try to make your experience here a good one.

ADMINISTRATOR
this girl has been with the creator from the start. not only do they live in the same state, but they met on one hell of a forum. she was a mod on space adventures and has now climbed the ladder up to administrator for sota. she's full of ideas, so she's a go-to person when kyuu can't think of anything. she also likes to talk in neon green with her caps lock on, so don't be afraid when you first enter the chatbox. she's easy to get along with, though she, too, has a tendency to procrastinate. well, what good staff member doesn't? hehe.

ADMINISTRATOR
well, it's safe to say all the staff members know each other from another site. this one lives in canada, unlike the others who live in america, and is always a joy to be around. her favorite character just so happens to be lemongrab, and anyone else would simply be UNACCEPTABLE! ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON. ahem. she likes her ohnzu with their cute little wings and their bee-like ways. she isn't biased. no, not at all.
Weather!

SUMMER, 2070 -- YEAR ONE
it's summer on chronos vii, also known as the hottest six months you will even experience. yes, six months. it's the longest season on chronos vii, and it can reach temperatures up to 170°F during the day. it is advised that no one leaves their homes until dusk, when the temperatures drops back down to the 90's. to those who have lived in the heat of chronos vii, that is pretty cold for the summer. expect intense heat and harsh sunlight during the day. heavy thunderstorms and lightning storms may appear from time to time. do not go outside during these storms as the rain will be boiling hot to the touch. to those who are living in the polar icecaps, you will be seeing some melting ice and snow. do not fret, however, as the temperature is only going to reach 40°F, allowing for the wildlife to thrive for the next few months.
Spotlight!

MALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

FEMALE OF THE MONTH
Quisque faucibus accumsan quam et venenatis. Etiam quis blandit felis. In egestas odio in lectus pellentesque porta. Donec ac nulla a urna dictum ultricies. Cras gravida augue at felis consectetur, a pharetra dolor congue. Donec nec orci in enim tristique congue. Maecenas sit amet libero id leo imperdiet scelerisque sit amet a quam.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

COUPLE OF THE MONTH
Affiliates!
Credits!
silence of the abyss was created by KYUU with the aid of SNIGGER. the basic skin was found on HITSKINS and edited by KYUU. all characters, sub-plots, and posts belong to the MEMBERS OF SOTA. please do not steal.

First!! [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramboneil

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Jelfashnih, or Jellal for convenience's sake, was not amused. Actually, he was quite bored as he sat at the table in front of a middle class cafe. To an outside observer, he would simply be relaxing but in all actuality, he had had enough relaxing back before he had set off for a night on the town. Now, he had absolutely nothing to do, he didn't even have his humans around to argue with, even over trivial things like which flavor of coffee was better or whether he should be feeding cafeteria slop to Jim. Speaking of the poor mouse thing, it was probably siting on the bridge of his flagship feeling crazy bored or crazy hungry. And when Jim got bored, other people got miserable real fast, mainly because it was really hard to stop one of the mouse's pranking sprees.

Anyway, Jellal took a sip of the coffee and looked around for something to do or look for someone to talk too. He didn't have his uniform or his cap so his Colonel insignia was nowhere to be found. It's not like he could just randomly walk up to someone anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://samnwang.forumotion.com/
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm

He didn't know what he was doing or where he was going. He had better things to do than to take a stroll around the largest and busiest city on Chronos VII. Yet, here he was, walking his 'dog'. That was what one of the humans compared it to, correct? The human was far off in their speculation, however. His dear companion was more hyena or wolf like than a mere domesticated dog. The long fur running down its back was more like that of a hyena's while the personality was more like that of a wolf: aggressive, territorial, overly protective of its alpha.

Balislh scoffed, shaking his head at the thought. He shouldn't dwell on such meaningless memories. He should, instead, focus on the path ahead of him. Now, let's see, what could little ol' him do in the big city? He kept his head held high, one hand firmly planted on his hip while the other held a thick leash that connected to the metal collar of his companion. The Anooba glared at everything and everyone they passed, letting out a deep growl. He wasn't about to scold his friend for such behavior. Oh, no. The sea of Zhuic and the off Iraxu parted for him as he walked, so he would rather praise the Anooba instead.

The General slowed his steps, pausing as he caught sight of a familiar blue hair. A smirk played on his lips as he turned towards the building. He waved his hand towards a robot at the door, waiting for the mechanical being to open it for him. He stepped through, ignoring the man behind the counter who tried to protest him bringing in a pet. Ovali just growled at the man, silencing him. Balis made a beeline for the table he had seen the flash of blue, taking a seat at the table without caring for permission. He placed one elbow on the table, the other arm moving to rest beside the other arm, still clutching the leash. He placed his chin in the palm of his hand, his smirking. "Come here often, my dear Colonel?"
Back to top Go down
https://spacerpgv2.forumotion.com
Ramboneil

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm

"Not really general, the lady just said I needed to get out more or I'll turn into a vegetable. I think I'd make a wonderful vegetable though." Joked Jellal as he looked over at his effeminate commander. If he had been in uniform he would have saluted but as it was, he was off duty so he could care less for protocol. Actually, he was unmarried but with how his Flag Captain was, she might as well have been his wife, she certainly acted like it.

He took another sip of his coffee. It was actually pretty decent, he would probably have to track down a human to make some, they seemed to be much better at it then anyone else. "So, what brings you here general? I'm pretty sure it's not because of the night life." He reached into his pocket and grabbed a stick of Jerky, a marvelous human invention, and tossed it over to his superior officer's dog thing.
Back to top Go down
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

"Tch. Pity." Balis shook his head, his smirk falling. He brushed aside his light blue bangs, shifting around on his chair. He was never one for such human luxuries, and it pained him to enter the cafes and restaurants that had taken such a liking to human foodstuffs. Coffee in the cafes, poached and scrambled eggs, toast! Ugh, he was quite fine with his Chronian delicacies. If only he could say the same for his choice in pets. He glanced down at his companion, watching as the Anooba growled at the jerky tossed to him. With a swipe of its paw, the jerky was sent sliding towards the other end of the cafe, awaiting to be cleaned up by some cleaner bot.

His eyes turned back towards the colonel, his smirk returning. "What? I can't come see one of my favorite colonels out of the blue? You wound me." He faked a dramatic sigh, drooping his head before straightening up. "I am here because I saw a certain blue haired man out of uniform, enjoying the night off alone." Balis held up the Anooba's leash. "Otherwise I would have been finishing up our walk."
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

"Well I apologize for any insult sir, but I had assumed you would still be at base prancing around in that new dress. You broke your previous record last time though, 231 people over the previous 213, and only 72 were new guys." He drank the rest of his coffee and pitched the empty polymer cup over his shoulder and a mobile robotic trash bin dashed over on its drive train and caught it. Odd, was it a new model? He wasn't keeping up with much these days, between arguing with his new human orderlies and watching the science teams fangirl over the remains of those carnivorous evil robots.

"And I'm pretty sure your friend would be just fine at the zoo, provided you replaced all the animals of course." He remarked, staring at the dog as it growled at him. It stared back while he tried to stare it down. They stayed like that for a few seconds until the 'dog' thing averted its eyes for a split second, admittedly because one of the serving robots tripped but avert its eyes it did.
"AHA! I win!" He said, pointing at the Anooba and retracting his finger as it snapped at him.
"So, how's life? Still looking for a lady? Or man? Whichever? Androgynous maybe?"
Back to top Go down
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm

ooc: rambo, don't play the pets of a character that isn't your's. that counts as powerplay as it's an npc specifically for that character's roleplayer to play. -waggles finger-

His smirk only widened at the Zhuic's comment. Somebody had been paying attention since enlisting. It probably wasn't something he should take pride in--dressing up as a girl and trying to woo the new recruits and just about anyone else--but it was very entertaining on his part. They always learned, however, especially when one of the higher ups tell them the general's actual gender. Had he been that of a lower rank, he probably wouldn't try pulling such tricks. He would have been kicked out had he not been the one in charge. At least the emperor doesn't seem to care either way, though Balis was always on his absolute best behavior whenever he was in the presence of the emperor.

"Ovuli would never make it in a zoo." More like the zoo would never make it with Ovuli. He reached down, patting the creature on its flank. He could have his own zoo if he continued collecting different creatures from the planets they visit. Too bad he didn't spare any animals from Earth before they blew it up, but the creatures there were rather plain and boring. He glanced down at the Anooba in question, who in turn looked up at its master. There was a look of distaste in its eyes, obviously annoyed by being in the presence of more than just its master. Oh, Ovuli could just suck it up. "Who ever said I was on the market?" Balis scoffed, turning his attention back to Jellal. "If my hobbies gave you any hints, they were wrong hints. I'm perfectly fine with living alone, as long as I have my dear pets. What about you, Colonel? Find any lady friends lately?"
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 pm

"Nope." Stated Jellal as he flagged down a serving robot and asked for another drink. "They always tell me I'm too lazy though I most certainly can't argue that point. Hell, I managed to get my captains and lieutenants to do my paperwork for me unless it's really important." He said as the serving robot put down another cup for him. Hmm, maybe one of the ingredients in the coffee was addictive, he was pretty sure one of the science types had said there was one for humans, Caffeine maybe? He really would have to check with his science team to see.
"I managed to find out that there's only like 20 or 30 pages that actually are important, the rest of it I toss it out the air lock." That or feed it to Jim, he didn't know what the heck that mouse thing ate but whatever it ate, it ate pretty quickly, and a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 pm

What was with the lower ranks and trying to get by with minimal work? He wasn't one to talk, of course. He rarely got paperwork unless it was something that needed his approval. Otherwise it was shoved on everyone else. There wasn't much he actually had to do, thus giving him more time to play. That was probably a horrible image he was making for himself, but his image was pretty much already ruined. He was the eccentric, crossdressing General of the Zhuican Army. You can't get a worse image once they label you with 'eccentric'. It's basically just calling you weird, not like everyone else, etc. In their society, it was a wonder how he got so far. He probably would have chosen another path had it not been for a certain young Anooba helping him out in his time of need. How old was Ovuli anyway? Old. That was all he knew. He should probably get the scientists to tell him when the average Anooba passed.

Balisihl let out a hum, watching the colonel with a bored expression. The man seemed to love his coffee. The general stood up, pushing his chair back with his legs. "Well, if you have so much free time, how about we go somewhere?" The man grinned, lightly snapping the leash. Ovuli hopped to its feet, fixing the colonel with a threatening glare. "Come on, the night is young~!" He chirped, heading towards the door with his companion in tow. He spun around on his heels, placing his hands on his hips as he locked his gaze back on the other Zhuic. "I could always make it an order, if you're reluctant." Yes, he would go there, even if they were both technically off duty. As general, he would abuse his powers all he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Ramboneil

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Jellal looked at his General and quirked an eyebrow. He downed the rest of his coffee in a few gulps and pitched the cup over his shoulder directly into the trash bin, it would have been a trick shot if he actually were trying to make the shot but he wasn't. He looked at his watch and stood up, brushing off his clothes. "Well, lead on General, I haven't been out and about in a while." He slapped down the payment for his drinks and strolled over to the door, pushing it open and stepping onto the very noisy street, the noise and and smell of a big city assaulted his senses and disoriented him slightly but he quickly regained his senses and pushed on.

"So, any ideas where we go first?"

ooc: Yeah, just assume that my character is following
Back to top Go down
( KYUU )
Admin
( KYUU )

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

"Great, Colonel!" The general let out a chirp, bringing his hands together in front of his chest. He turned on his heels once more, waltzing out the door with his Anooba following closely by his side. He let out a hum, turning down the street. All the interesting places were up high, but that would require finding a hover bus that wasn't filled to the brim with Zhuic. Perhaps a hover taxi? That seemed like a good idea. Or he could always consult with the colonel as to their destination. Balis turned around, walking backwards so he could see Jellal. Ovuli would make sure to warn him when there were upcoming ledges or anything else he had to watch out for. The pale blue haired man gave a sheepish grin. "That is a great question that will be answered in due time." His fingers laced behind his back, his thumbs hooked on the Anooba's leash. "I'm not well-versed with the nightlife here, normally staying inside during such harsh weather. Do you have any ideas, Colonel?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First!! [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First!! [open]   First!! [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First!! [open]
Page 1 of 1